Hydrogel Injections Before After
Anyone who is considering this type of body augmentation will need to obtain sufficient information in order to make an informed choice. This is why knowing about hydrogel injections before/after is so important. If this type of treatment is not going to produce the results that people are after then they can save themselves a great deal of time and energy by finding this out early on. Hopefully by looking at the full implications of this procedure here (hydrogel injections before/after) people will be able to make a more informed decision.
Things to Know About Hydrogel Injections Before/After Treatment
There are a few things to consider in regards to hydrogel injections before/after treatment including:
- You will usually be expected to begin a course of antibiotics in the days before the procedure. The aim here is not to treat any infection that you might currently have but instead to prevent you from developing an infection as a result of the treatment. This is a safety precaution and not really something to become too alarmed about. The antibiotics will also need to be taken for about a week following the procedure as well.
- There can be a bit of discomfort during the procedure. Not only will the substance need to be injected into the buttocks or thighs, but the surgeon will also need to massage the area fairly deeply.
- It usually takes two to three hours to complete the whole procedure.
- It is usual for there to be redness and swelling immediately after hydrogel injections. These side effects will usually begin to subside after a couple of days.
- It can take as long as two weeks for the final results of the procedure to become noticeable. Before things settle down the area can look a bit odd, and there may even be a difference in size and shape between one buttock and another.
Realistic Expectations for Hydrogel Injections Before/After Treatment
When it comes to hydrogel injections it is important that people have realistic expectations. There are plenty of examples of people who have had great results using this option, but it is not something that is going to suit everyone. It is also important to keep in mind that this procedure is not FDA approved and anyone considering it will need to understand the risks involved. In order that people have realistic expectations for hydrogel injections before/after treatment they should keep in mind:
- These injections are not going to work for everyone in helping them achieve the exact shape of buttock that they desire.
- Some people will get the results they desire through diet and exercise, and this is a path well worth considering. The problem is that most of us do not have the motivation and discipline to be good all the time and so we tend to return to old habits after a few months.
- Although some people try to claim that hydrogel lasts forever – the reality is that it is only really effective for 18 months.
Back to top